Modern analytical techniques are allowing us to detect chemicals in water at ever decreasing concentrations, and this is changing our understanding of the pollutants that may be present in the environment, which can consequently be an issue for our drinking water.
The Fapas® Water and Environmental Chemistry programme assesses the performance of laboratories in the water and environmental testing sectors, and our range of proficiency testing schemes provide the opportunity to monitor laboratory quality on a global scale. Our extensive programme covers a wide range of water types including, drinking, waste, and surface waters, and is complemented by schemes for emergency chemical contamination in drinking water, taste and odour chemical identification in drinking water, and soil chemistry.
Water Security Planning - Is your Water Quality Laboratory Prepared?
Why not download our latest ebook on why the unexpected gross chemical contamination of a drinking water supply occurs and the urgent need to rapid need to identify any potential contaminants and assess the risk to the public.
Fapas® Water & Environmental Chemistry Programme:
- Drinking Water – a wide range of inorganic and organic analytes including routine and toxic metals
- Drinking Water Contamination Incident – simulates a real-time contamination event requiring analysis of a blind sample to rapidly identify and communicate the presence of potentially harmful chemicals in a real drinking water sample. Includes a sample for determination of radioactivity (gross alpha and beta).
- Drinking Water Taste & Odour – simulates a drinking water contaminated with chemicals that produce taste and odour defects, to challenge a laboratory’s ability to identify the unknown chemical capable of causing ‘off’ taste or odour.
- Surface Water – For the analysis of untreated but clean waters such as rivers, lakes and streams, covering routine components and metals and toxic metals
- Waste Water – a full range of organic and inorganic components in waste water presented as standard solutions and concentrates
- Soil – Soil for the analysis of trace metals
The Fapas® Water & Environmental Chemistry programme is accredited by UKAS to ISO/IEC 17043, certificate number 0009.
Participation in Fapas® is easy and can be tailored to suit your quality control programme. This can range from taking part in one of our scheduled tests, through to a company specific closed programme, customised to your needs (subject to minimum participation criteria). Orders can be placed via our network of agents, or via our online shop at fapas.com.