Please search the product catalogue for your requirements or browse our full list of available reference materials.
The new range of Fapas Reference Materials brings an increased measurement certainty for our customers.
The implementation of quality control procedures in a laboratory is always recommended, whether or not this is driven by formal accreditation to the relevant standard. The quality control monitoring should include participation in Fapas proficiency testing programmes and/or the use of reference materials. Monitoring and reviewing the resultant data has to be a planned activity for accredited laboratories.
These matrix-matched reference materials are an essential tool for quality assurance, method validation and training.
Reference Materials (RMs) are also available from Fapas for some analyte/matrix combinations. RMs have a much higher degree of characterisation than PT or QC materials with a defined chain of traceability. RMs undergo formal stability testing for both short-term and long-term applications. RMs have an associated datasheet which lists the reference values and their expanded uncertainty U. The value of U is not a performance limit but is the uncertainty relating to the reference value. RMs therefore have a greater degree of trust in their values and can be used for method calibration purposes. Fapas RMs are generated according to the principles of ISO 17034:2016 General requirements for the competence of reference material producers.
Uses and properties of Reference Material (RM) samples
- Provides a measure of accuracy
- Reference values provided with uncertainty limits, independently of laboratory performance
- Can be used for method validation or verification
- Have a high degree of trust, enhancing confidence
- Can be used to troubleshoot PT performance, generate control charts and for staff training
- Stability fully characterised for long-term availability
- Can be used for calibration purposes, including value assignment to other materials
- Available only once fully characterised
- CRMs have a defined traceability, which is also a characteristic of FAPAS RMs.